Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Run #9 and #10

Scheduled Miles 3, 4
Actual Miles 3, 4

Comments: Feeling good. I have had a little bit of knee pain. Mostly when I first get going and then it subsides. The scale is NOT my friend (this morning I weighed the most I have since starting training!) but believe it or not I'm not just running to lose weight, so it didn't deter me. And besides that, I feel great, and I think I look thinner. So take that scale!

But the biggest accomplishment? I actually WOKE UP EARLY and went for my run! It was great to not have to worry about Kate AT ALL. I have her to thank actually, as she woke up at 5:15 and didn't go back to sleep until I fed her a bottle. That got me wide awake, and I knew she would stay asleep the whole time I was gone. So thanks Kate!

I am really liking the exercise ticker. I added it to my other blog, too. It's fun to see those miles just keep on going up, uP, UP!

OH! I FINALLY got us registered for the marathon yesterday! We'll be doing the two man relay (the half marathon was full, so that made the decision easy). One month from tomorrow!

3 comments:

Emily and Clay said...

Congrats!!!!!! Good job. I can't say it enough how proud I am of your hard work!

Did you watch the Biggest Loser finale?

Flyin' Hawaiian said...

so why isn't mike running?

mike - are you a pansy? ;D

lydia said...

Thanks Em. And yes, I did watch the Finale! Ally is my motivation. If she can do what she did, then I can do what I need to do. (I say as I eat a chocolate egg. hmph.)

Kawika-where did you get the idea that Mike isn't running. He is the other half of my relay. He does have a knee injury he's working through, but he's still planning to race.