Saturday, April 12, 2008

Run #8 04.12.08

Scheduled Miles: 5
Actual Miles: 5(!!)
RPE:7

Comments: I DID IT!!!! WoooHOOO! My first five mile run is under my belt.

I mapped out the course on mapquest before I left, and it took me on a road I have never been on before that didn't really have a shoulder or a sidewalk. I don't think I'll run that course again. That part was right in the middle too, making it even tougher.

By far the best/most empowering part of the run was passing the gym: 1.3 miles to my house from there, but because I added in some warm up/cool down walking distance, that meant I only had ONE MORE MILE! When you've done 4 already, what's one more? It felt so great! 52 minutes, in spite of a couple short walking stretches in the middle.

The outsides of my ankles got a little sore for a while. It feels like maybe I am running more on the inside of my feet. Maybe I'll try some insoles with a little more support.

I forgot my ipod. I think I need to find a way to stay hydrated--so thirsty!

Yay ME!! :D

3 comments:

Evie said...

No kidding, yay me. You are doing great, honey. I have never done anything like that and I admire your discipline.

Sorry I didn't make it to your house today...I totally drove home the way I'm used to. But I hope you and Mike and Kate will be at Layla's blessing tomorrow night.

Hey, maybe the sore ankles are because of that uneven ground you were running for a while. Y'think?

Love you to death, honey.
Mommy

VTS said...

That's huge! Good work Lydia. I think you're going to do great on your half marathon. You can race twice as far as you train. Trust me. I've tested that theory out.

Jer and Jealin said...

Yay for you! I am so excited for you! I started my training and I have to say, thanks for the recomendation of 'the non-runners marathon trainer'. I'm loving it. I think your mom is right about the ankles if you were on uneven ground. Just wondering what are some of the songs on your IPod? I'm trying to put together a good running playlist. Way to go!!